Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally for providing high quality professional advice.
We are looking for an experienced general practice chartered surveyor to join our Shrewsbury office to undertake valuations on a broad range of commercial and residential assets. The role will require travel through Shropshire and adjoining counties.
Responsibilities / Duties
• The preparation of commercial and residential valuations undertaken on behalf of a number of major clearing banks and private clients including pension funds.
• Advising a significant portfolio of national charities in connection with the disposal and valuation of all types of property.
• Assisting in the expansion and development of the office and our valuation team.
The successful applicant will be FRICS/MRICS qualified and be a Registered Valuer. A track record of provision of Red Book compliant valuations and at least 3 years PQE is essential.
A driving licence and own transport is required.
Experience in undertaking lease advisory work would be an advantage.
The position is office-based with administrative support and the surveyor will be required to provide fee quotes, manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative and participate in the marketing of valuation services.
• Salary: Competitive salary plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 31 days per annum (Including 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year) plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 3 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Eaton at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org