Location: Multiple locations
Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice.
An opportunity has arisen for a senior general practice chartered surveyor / valuer to join either our Northwich or Shrewsbury offices, being responsible to the Office Partner and Head of Valuations.
Responsibilities / Duties
• The preparation of commercial and residential valuations undertaken on behalf of a number of major clearing banks and private clients including pension funds.
• Advising a significant portfolio of national charities in connection with the disposal and valuation of all types of property.
• Assisting in the expansion and development of the office and our valuation team.
The successful applicant will be FRICS/MRICS qualified and will be a Registered Valuer. A track record of provision of Red Book compliant valuations and at least 3 years PQE is essential.
Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant work and commercial agency is required.
A working knowledge of the West and North of England (primarily around Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool) would also be helpful.
A driving licence and own transport is required.
The position is office-based with administrative support and the surveyor will be required to provide fee quotes, arrange appointments and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
• Salary: Competitive salary plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Kate Evans at email@example.com