Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK in Shropshire, Northamptonshire, Herefordshire and London. The firm has a strong reputation both locally and regionally for providing high quality professional advice. The team has extensive experience in the delivery of every kind of planning job. Our strengths lie in the attention to detail we apply to all of our planning projects, across a broad range of sectors – from outset to completion.
We offer a complete planning and development service from initial site assessment and feasibility advice, preparing detailed building designs, and obtaining planning and building regulation consents.
Across the business, there are 12 qualified planners, 6 architectural technicians and a Design Manager, providing an in-house architectural design service which further enhances the services we can offer existing and new customers both in urban and rural scenarios. We are moving steadily up the RTPI rankings year on year.
Berrys is seeking a proactive planning consultant to join our new Oxford office to develop the services we offer.
Responsibilities / Duties:
As a Senior Planner, you will be required to be in a client facing capacity on a regular basis, offering expert and sound advice on a range of development proposals. You will have a fantastic understanding of the UK planning system, be a chartered member of the Royal Town Planning institute and be comfortable in dealing with your own applications from start to finish.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are paramount to succeeding in the role and will allow you to progress through the business as the company grows further. You will need to be an enthusiastic and committed individual who strives for more on a regular basis.
You will be working with a range of private developers, investors, institutions and estates, advising on their property portfolios and working on their Planning strategy.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Project managing a broad mix of planning submissions
• Working with a wide range of clients, managing expectations and adhering to time limits
• Maintaining a good understanding of policies relating to residential, commercial and rural schemes,
• Attending client and council meetings
• Full member of the RTPI with post qualification experience.
• Understanding of a commercial environment.
• A “can do” attitude, with a confident manner and a good networker.
The role sits within a friendly and supportive team.
• Salary: Competitive salary reflecting your skills and experience
• Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme: All employees participate in Berrys discretionary scheme, details will be provided upon appointment
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Professional Subscriptions: Any necessary subscriptions will be paid by Berrys
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period.
• Private Healthcare Scheme: Optional voluntary scheme on a contributory basis
• Flexibility: In start and end times of working day
• Holiday: 31 Days per annum, inclusive of bank holidays and 3 days to be taken between Christmas and New Year. An additional day accrues for every 3 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, without any obligation, please contact Hannah on 01743 290649 who will arrange for the Head of Planning to call you.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Eaton at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5th August 2019
Interview date: 14th August 2019