Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice. Berrys merged with BNE several years ago, a well-respected general practice consultancy with particular expertise in commercial development, Building Surveying and Valuations and since then, Building Consultancy has been the fastest growing department within the business.
Berrys have recently opened a new office in North Oxford, with a strategy to deliver a wide range of Commercial and other professional services to our existing and to new clients in Oxford and London. Initially focusing on Commercial Property Management, Planning, Architectural Design, Commercial Lease Advisory and Building Consultancy the Oxford office is set for rapid expansion.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor who wishes to develop and grow within the role and the company. With the help of Berrys Business Development Manager, Marketing team and Head of Building Consultancy, we aim to take a joint approach in order to support the successful candidate to form strong client relationships and develop a solid Building Consultancy team in Oxford. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Chartered Building Surveyor to grow a core team and have excellent career progression opportunities, within a well structured and supported environment.
The position is office-based with administrative support and this new role will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The work will require travel throughout the country, but especially in covering London and Oxfordshire, therefore a full driving licence and access to a car is essential.
The successful candidate must be an RICS Registered Building Surveyor with a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience.
The role requires the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
• Pre-acquisition building surveys
• Schedules of condition
• Preparation and negotiation of schedule of dilapidations
• Preparation of schedules of works
• Project management
• Assessment of rebuild cost for insurance purposes
• Party wall
• Planned maintenance programmes
• Salary: Competitive salary reflecting your skills and experience
• Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme: All employees participate in Berrys discretionary scheme, details will be provided upon appointment
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Professional Subscriptions: Any necessary subscriptions will be paid by Berrys
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period.
• Private Healthcare Scheme: Optional voluntary scheme on a contributory basis
• Holiday: 33 Days per annum, inclusive of bank holidays with 3 days to be taken between Christmas and New Year. An additional day accrues for every 3 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, without any obligation, please contact Hannah on 01743 290649 who will arrange for the Head of Building Consultancy to call you.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Eaton at Hannah.email@example.com