Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants. It has six offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice. Berrys merged with BNE several years ago, a well-respected General Practice consultancy with particular expertise in commercial development, building surveying and valuations and since then, building consultancy has been the fastest growing department within the business.
Responsibilities / Duties:
An opportunity has arisen for a senior Building Surveyor to join Berrys’ busy and expanding Building Consultancy team. This individual would be based in the Shrewsbury office, with a Graduate Building Surveyor reporting to them, and be responsible to the Head of Building Consultancy based in our Kettering office.
The role is primarily focused on commercial property building surveying but an understanding of residential surveys is desirable.
The role requires the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
• Pre-acquisition building surveys
• Schedules of condition
• Preparation and negotiation of schedule of dilapidations
• Preparation of schedules of works
• Project management
• Assessment of rebuild cost for insurance purposes
• Party wall
• Planned maintenance programmes
The position is office-based with administrative support and the surveyor will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The work will require travel throughout the country, especially in covering requirements from our Hereford and Northwich offices.
Must be an RICS Registered Building Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience.
• Salary: Competitive salary plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Kate Evans at email@example.com