Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice. Our planning department is an integral and fast-expanding part of the firm. The team has extensive experience in the delivery of all types of planning work. Our strengths lie in the attention to detail we apply to every aspect of a planning project, across a broad range of sectors – from outset to completion.
We offer a complete planning and development service from initial site assessment and feasibility advice, preparing detailed building designs, and obtaining planning and building regulation consents. We have chartered town planners and surveyors in all of our offices.
Across the business, there are nine Chartered Town Planners, three architectural technicians and a Design Manager, providing an in-house architectural design capability which further enhances the services we can offer existing and new clients both in urban and rural scenarios.
Berrys is seeking a proactive planning consultant to become part of their busy and expanding town planning and surveying practice in our Kettering office.
The successful applicant would be involved in a wide range of projects, assisting colleagues in all aspects of planning, from site visits and research to putting together applications, supporting documents and appeals.
Based in Northamptonshire, the role will involve:
• Researching planning policies and constraints
• Preparing detailed planning policy and design statements
• Site visits and land appraisals
• Preparation and submission of planning application forms and associated documents
• Attending client and council meetings
• Delivering planning services to existing and new clients Increasing our planning presence in Northamptonshire area and surrounding counties
• Developing new areas of planning work e.g commercial, retail and residential
• Identifying and deliver marketing opportunities for planning within the area
We are looking for a dynamic and commercially-minded individual with up-to-date knowledge of the planning system. In particular the following attributes are desirable:
• Experience in the production and management of small to large scale planning applications within a DC or consultancy environment.
• Full member of the RTPI with post qualification experience.
• Understanding of a commercial environment.
• A “can do” attitude, be of strong character, confident and a good networker.
• Flexible and adaptable to client needs.
• Salary: Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV