Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has four offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally providing high quality professional advice.
The business has expanded and a new role for a Marketing Assistant has been created to assist the Business Development Manager covering all the offices, but based within the Shrewsbury office.
The role will allow the individual to take control of specific aspects of the marketing activities within a growing firm and enable hands-on experience from day 1.
Duties will include although not be confined to:
• Event organisation, set up and attendance
• Co-ordination of e-marketing, direct mail and internal marketing campaigns
• Co-ordination of social media and other digital marketing platforms with external consultants
• Basic website management and maintenance
• Co-ordination of marketing campaigns, both local and national
• Design of adverts, brochures, banners and other day-to-day business requirements
• Co-ordination and management of sponsorships
• Organisation of meetings and events, both internal and external
• Liaison with staff in all offices
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude. An individual with the following characteristics is sought:
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Marketing / design related education desired (degree not crucial, NVQ or CIM qualification both considered)
• Previous experience in a similar marketing role will be an advantage but not essential
• Understanding of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and confidence in producing basic branded materials to print or web specifications will be an advantage
• Ability to work unsupervised and be able to demonstrate initiative
• The ability to liaise with staff at all levels in a professional manner
• Flexible, with a can-do attitude to tasks and hours
• Travel to events and other offices will be required so driving licence is required and car insurance must include business use
• Salary: Competitive salary, dependent upon experience, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Eaton at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org