Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice.
Berrys is always interested in the next generation, and that is why we pride ourselves on our graduate recruitment and training policy. We regularly recruit graduates across all areas of property and business, and are dedicated to providing the best training and support possible.
We offer training contracts to graduate surveyors and graduate planning consultants and are always interested in meeting high quality graduates throughout the year. We have a friendly, supportive culture and our high level of success in helping graduates to pass their RICS, CAAV and MRTPI qualifications is testament to this.
Excellent opportunities have arisen for individuals who have recently completed an RICS accredited degree or postgraduate study. Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting surveyors and valuers with completion of jobs including site visits, viewings, records of condition, and report writing.
• Assisting an office partner and working within a team with tasks including compensation claims, property sales and lettings, estate management and professional work.
• Attending internal and client meetings.
• Liaising with clients, contractors and colleagues.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• A practical understanding of property, land, business and agriculture.
• Ability and confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner.
• IT capability.
• Ability to work in a team and independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Own transport.
• Related work experience desired but not essential.
You will have excellent career prospects and the opportunity to become an integral part of the business within a highly successful and motivated team. The role sits within a friendly and supportive team with opportunities to develop the role. We place a great deal of importance on development and training.
• Salary: Competitive salary and participation in a discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: Any necessary training, exam entrance fees and your professional subscriptions and membership fees will be paid.
• You will join our Training Academy for all graduates across the firm, to create a supportive network through the use of video-conferencing and face-to-face meetings
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
If you are interested in a graduate position with Berrys Hereford office, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.