Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice. Our planning and development department is an integral and fast-expanding part of the firm. The team has extensive experience in the delivery of a broad range of planning and development jobs across several sectors. Our strengths lie in the attention to detail we apply to every aspect of a project – from outset to completion.
We offer a complete planning and development service from initial site assessment and feasibility advice, preparing detailed building designs, obtaining planning and building regulation consents, through to construction project management.
Across the business, there are ten qualified planners (six of whom are based in the Shrewsbury office), three architectural technicians and a Design Manager, providing an in-house architectural design service which further enhances the services we can offer existing and new customers both in urban and rural scenarios.
An opportunity has arisen for a Highways & Drainage Engineer. The position is based at our Shrewsbury office with work predominantly based in our Planning & Development service. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Planning.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop the service within the business, eventually leading a team in this specialism.
The role requires the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
• Highways – proven experience in designing highway schemes for adoption agreements
• Drainage – experience in designing foul and surface water drainage (small to largescale) including SuDS design
• Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) – production of FRA’s to support planning applications and to influence drainage design
• Swept Path Analysis – Experience in undertaking swept path analysis and design for new road schemes to support development proposals
• Transportation – production and interpretation of transport statements and assessments to support planning applications and master plan proposals
The position is office-based with administrative support and the engineer will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments, and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The role will be based in Shrewsbury but will require travel throughout the country.
It is envisaged that the Highways & Drainage Engineer will be educated to degree level, will have 3+ years’ experience in the sector, and will be working toward or have chartered status with a relevant professional body.
• Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Kate Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org