Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice. Berrys merged with BNE several years ago, a well-respected General Practice consultancy with particular expertise in commercial development, building surveying and valuations and since then, Building Consultancy has been the fastest growing department within the business.
Responsibilities / Duties:
An opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join Berrys’ busy and expanding Building Consultancy team. This individual would be based in the Kettering office, and be responsible to the Head of Building Surveying, also based in our Kettering office.
The role is primarily focused on commercial property building surveying, but an understanding of residential surveys is desirable.
The role requires the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
• Pre-acquisition building surveys
• Schedules of condition
• Preparation and negotiation of schedule of dilapidations
• Preparation of schedules of works
• Project management
• Assessment of rebuild cost for insurance purposes
• Planned maintenance programmes
The position is office-based with administrative support and the surveyor will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The work will require travel throughout the country, especially in covering requirements from our Kettering and Towcester offices.
The successful candidate would be preferably an RICS Registered Building Surveyor/Project Manager, with post qualification experience.
• Salary: Competitive salary reflecting your skills and experience
• Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme: All employees participate in Berrys discretionary scheme
• Training: All necessary training will be provided
• Professional Subscriptions: Any necessary subscriptions will be paid by Berrys
• Employee Assistance Programme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period.
• Private Healthcare Scheme: Optional voluntary scheme on a contributory basis
• Holiday: 31 Days per annum, inclusive of bank holidays
• Plus an additional day off to celebrate your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 3 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, without any obligation, please contact Hannah on 01743 290649 who will arrange for the Head of Building Surveying to call you.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Hannah Eaton at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org