Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK, in Shropshire, Herefordshire, Northamptonshire and Cheshire with clients nationwide.
A new opportunity has arisen for a proactive and flexible individual to join the Shrewsbury office and take on the role of administrator within a busy team.
This role will support several surveyors in the delivery of their work and assist in the smooth running of the office. The role includes typing of correspondence and reports, diary management and making appointments.
The successful candidate must have experience in an office role in a professional services environment and be able to audio-type and touch-type accurately.
Duties will include although not be confined to:-
• Monitoring of emails and managing, filtering and prioritising communications
• Audio typing of valuation reports
• Drafting letters/emails to clients including terms of business and invoice covering notes
• Typing of letters and email correspondence
• Opening new files – electronic and paper copy
• File administration including dead filing and archiving
• Production, collation and logging of invoices
• Answering of telephone and co-ordination of electronic diaries for meetings
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude. In particular the following attributes are essential:
• Previous experience in an administrative position
• Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working with Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate/advanced standard
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work unsupervised and be able to demonstrate initiative
• The ability to liaise with clients and staff in a professional manner
• Flexible, with a can-do attitude
• Salary: Competitive salary, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
• Training: All necessary training will be provided including attendance of an annual administrators conference
• Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan after one year’s service. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
• Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year and an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
• Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
Please email your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org