See our schedule of tenant fees here.
Our residential lettings team offer a long established regional service with significant experience of letting a diverse range of property. We assist clients seeking to invest in residential property as well as those who already own property, from individual houses through to large portfolios. Our management clients range from private individuals to large organizations and plcs. Our service is tailor made to the individual client’s requirements but always includes the following:
- Expert advice on preparing and marketing your property to best advantage.
- Stringent referencing of prospective tenants, using an external specialist referencing agency (unless we agree something different with our clients).
- Legal documentations – tenancy agreement, inventory, EPC, etc.
- Full compliance with all safety issues such as gas and electrical safety checks, smoke and CO alarms, soft furnishing regulations.
- Money protection – as Chartered Surveyors the firm is obliged to operate protected client’s accounts by the RICS (who rated us outstanding in a recent audit).
- Protection of tenants’ deposits to comply with statutory requirements.
- Marketing on Rightmove and Berrys’ own website. We always prepare letting particulars and circulate these to interested parties on our database.
Where we manage properties in addition to letting we undertake periodic inspections and report back to our landlords. We continue to provide professional advice on all issues which may arise during the tenancy and can deal with repairs that arise, calling on our own building surveyors for larger jobs. When we instruct contractors we make sure they are on our database of approved contractors, being properly insured and competent, providing further protection for our landlords.
Further to our residential lettings service, we are able to offer a full residential property management service. Within this service we can manage anything from a single house to a large block of flats. Many landlords, building development owners and registered flat management companies sensibly elect to enter into a management agreement in order to remove some of the stress of management. A let residential property comes with a high level of accountability and many stakeholders choose to appoint an agent to manage this responsibility for them.
As part of our management service we are able to organise rent collection, regular gas and electricity safety checks and repairs. Some benefits of our residential management services are:
• Management of repairs – we are able to arrange any repairs and we have a tried and tested network of contractors who are able to help with all kinds of repair requirements.
• Financial planning – management of budget and cashflow, allowing for a contingency fund.
• Expert block management – we have a number of blocks of flats under our management and are experienced in dealing with everything from service charges and health and safety requirements to communal area repairs and redecoration.