At Berrys, we provide advice and consultancy services for the preparation, submission and management of a wide variety of planning applications. These can include:
- Householder Consents
- Outline and Full applications (including Change of Use)
- Approval of Reserved Matters
- Listed Building and Conservation Area consents
- Advertisement consents
- Consents under Tree Preservation Orders
- Certificates of Lawful Development
- Applications for Prior Notification under the GPDO
- Removal or Variation of Conditions
We prepare applications for electronic submission via the Planning Portal and – once validated – continuously monitor their progress through to a decision, making any additional submissions as necessary.
Berrys has an outstanding and proven record in achieving planning consents through the application process, however there are occasions when a planning appeal is the only recourse.
We can advise on planning appeal prospects and the appropriate method of appeal for clients. Our services include:
- Production of written statement of case.
- Correspondence with council and the planning inspectorate.
- Liaising with expert witnesses (where required).
- Drafting planning conditions (where required).
- Making verbal representations to the inspector (for hearings and inquiries).
- Reviewing the planning appeal decision and providing further advice as necessary.
An appeal may not always be the best option, we can also advise on alternative solutions. For example, it can be better to submit a revised planning application which seeks to address the planning authoritiy’s main objections. This can often lead to a positive decision and, should it be refused a second time, will place the applicant in a much stronger position to make an appeal.