Sold STC £400,000 (Offers In Excess Of)
Final blow for Mid Wales wind farms
Published September 8th, 2015
Four wind farms planned for Mid-Wales have been axed following a lengthy fight by residents in Shropshire and Mid Wales.
Follow a combined public inquiry called by the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change which closed in May 2014, the Energy Minister Andrea Leadsom has refused planning decisions for wind farms at Llanbadarn Fynydd, Llaithddu, Llanbrynmair and Carnedd Wen.
In an announcement on September 7 she also said no to the Llandinam to Welshpool Substation Overhead Power Line connection but gave consent to the repowering of a wind farm at Llandinam.
A Department of Energy and Climate Change ( DECC) spokesperson said that careful consideration had been given to each application and the planning and energy issues involved.
“Residents and campaigners will be absolutely delighted by this outcome,” said Sarah Reece at Berrys who has been acting for clients affected by the proposals.
“The ruling ends years of uncertainty for property owners and will put the land and housing market in the area back on a firm footing.”
There could yet be an appeal by applicants for the windfarms.
Berrys has been assisting property owners and occupiers along the proposed power line route including advising on the likely impacts of the scheme and how best to manage the property in the future, negotiating with electricity companies and contractors, agreeing accommodation works, wayleaves, gaining compensation and submitting claims for losses suffered as a result of the proposed scheme.
For more information, call Sarah Reece at Berrys on: 01743 271697 or email: email@example.com