Do you have electricity infrastructure sitting on your land or property?

Published June 8th, 2017

Do you have electricity infrastructure sitting on your land or property? If so, are you eligible for compensation?
Electricity Companies do not always have permanent rights for the siting of their pylons, poles and powerlines. They are now actively seeking to obtain these retrospectively and will pay eligible property owners (subject to negotiation) for the impact that their equipment has when rights are granted.

What are your rights?
If you have been approached by an Electricity Company, or one of their firms of agents, then we strongly advise you to seek independent professional advice from the outset. Whether your property is rural, residential or commercial, Berrys have experienced Chartered Surveyors and Registered Valuers in every field, to ensure that you receive the full amount due.

It may be that you are in the process of acquiring, or already own, a residential or commercial development site on which there are pylons or power lines. This could present an opportunity, in exchange for you granting permanent rights, to claim compensation for the full impact that this equipment has on your scheme.

Need help?
If you have involved a development partner in trying to release development value, then this is still highly worthy of your consideration in order to maximise your receipt. Equally, if you are disposing of blighted land that is expected to realise development value in the future, then our professional advice during this process could be crucial.

Utilising the experience of specialists, essentially combined with the resources and expertise possessed by an established and multi-disciplinary firm, Berrys are able to provide the highest standard of service. Regulated by the RICS and the FCA, our Surveyors will protect your interests and maximise any settlement payable.

Please contact Harrison Riddle in the first instance on 01536 532399 or 07525 905826, for an informal no obligation consultation. Alternatively, you can email him at